Saturday, February 13, 2010

Grandaddy Nick's Snowy 90th Birthday

Today was Paul's Grandaddy Nick's 90th Birthday AND we got about 5 inches of snow AND we kept Abby for the past 24 hours. Needless to say there wasn't a dull moment!

I have know Mr. Nick my whole life. He was always Paul and Clayton's Grandad, but most importantly to me he was "the pool man". For as long as I can remember until recently he managed and took care of the pool in the Forest Acres neighborhood in Grifton. When I was little I remember him sitting out there at the pool watching us play, etc. Also I remember going to his house and paying the pool fee for the year and picking up the key. At that visit his wife, Mrs. Myrte, would go and get out a ton of toys for me and Will to play with. Also, I remember loving to sit on his lap when I was little. One day I was sitting with him my Mom said she was leaving and I said, "Ok, I'm staying with Mr. Nick" (Grandaddy Nick loves to tell this story). My Mom supposedly even drove around the neighborhood and I saw right there with him. Needless to say, he was a special man in my life and then I end up marrying his Grandson! Small freakin' world!

Here are some pictures of the blast we had at his house today celebrating!
Love you Grandaddy Nick!





Abby and Grandaddy Nick

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe he's 90! I have the same memories of him at the wonderful Forest Acres pool. Spending time at that pool was some of my family's favorite childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete