Sunday, August 22, 2010

Meet the Pirates and a Fabulous Weekend

Paul and I had a great weekend, figured we better enjoy it while we can, since I'm starting back to school. Friday night we met our friends Travis and Ana at Backwater Jack's in Washington. Paul and I had never been there before! We had a really good time, chit chatting and laughing, the food was good, too! LOL!




Saturday I went to see Grandmama B in Kinston. She seems to be doing really good. We went out to eat and to the mall. She walked the entire length of the mall from Belk to JCPenny's and back again. She only asked to sit down and rest once! I'm so proud of her improvements. I was so worried, I mean when you have back surgery at 85 what can you expect???? Right??? But she got a Cortisone shot and it seems to be making a different. Thank the Lord!




After I left Grandmama B's house I went to Snow Hill and got my Abby-Ru. Paul played in the Kiwanis glow ball golf tournament, so I figured I could get in some quality time with my girl. I decided to go to Meet the Pirates. Abby did as well as can be expected she really like the bouncey houses, she really did NOT like PeeDee the pirate! Not at ALL!!! I found out that being a single parent is HARD! Oh my gosh!




Sunday morning Will called and asked if we wanted to keep Abby today, also. Of course we were elated!! We went to church and then Granny and Papa's! Abby loves to go there and play with Connor, Clark, and her Gwanny! Tonight I cooked one of Abby's favorite, spaghetti!! See the picture below, Paul and I were laughing so hard at her picking up the noodles, putting them on her spoon, and then in our mouth. Hey, you got to start somewhere, right!




Tomorrow night is Open House, I get to meet my new babies! I'm excited, hesitant, and nervous! Everyone keeps asking me if I'm ready. I guess you can really never be ready, I mean what does that mean anyway. My classroom is ready, my copies are made, my desk are in rows, but am I ready??? Probably not! Don't get me wrong I LOVE my job! I love the kids, I love the people I work with, and I love my occupation, but summer-time is so wonderful! Oh, well, there is always Summer 2011!! I've got BIG plans!!! LOL!









2 comments:

  1. you got what "ready" means! and you're ahead of me :) you should have brought abby to the other pirate, who can't like that guy?? see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great weekend! Good luck tomorrow night. I know your kids and their parents will realize very quickly how lucky they are to have you as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete