Sunday, August 29, 2010

Watermelon Festival & More Home Improvements

The Watermelon Festival came to the big city of Winterville this weekend. Friday night we went to our friend, Sam's Mom's house where they had a little cookout. We walked over to the festival with Sam and Lauren, it was kind of like a walk down memory lane with all the rides and such. Although ever two steps I heard, "Hey, Mrs. Russell"!! LOL! It's greast to famous!!

As a fundraiser my school's athletic department always works the concert on Saturday night. This Saturday night I had the 'honor' to work in the 'coke can' with Jackie and Sarah, two of the teachers from my school. If your read my blog you already know how I feel about Jackie, LOVE HER!! Sarah is right up there too, she is such a AWESOME teacher, with soooooo much patience!! Here is a quick pic I snaped just before the gates opened and we got a line, that continue for about four hours!!



Saturday morning Paul and I wanted to finish up some more home improvement projects we had been planning. He put up new lights on the front porch, back porch, and under the carport. I painted the front porch railings!! What a job!! Here are before and after pictures you decide if I get an A?????





AFTER:







Sunday we went to lunch with Thomas and Tina after church at East Coast Wings. Paul had never been there before and I had only been there once before. We were impressed, the food and service were great, I think we will be checking it out again soon! :) Sunday afternoon we worked somemore around the house trying to de-clutter and finish up some projects. Sunday night we had a BMX show and Back to School bash at our church. What a great time was had by all! We also got to see some of our friends we hadn't see in a while that now go to another church and found out they are expecting a baby! YAY! Congrats to them!


This week will be my first full week of school with my new babies! Please be in prayer for my patience as I try to work with these new 6th graders!


Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment