Monday, May 9, 2011

NCCAT

I had the pleasure of attending another NCCAT seminar at Ocracoke the last week in April. I know this blog comes a little late, but it was an awesome experience and I wanted to make sure and blog about it. The name of the seminar was Marshlands of the Outer Banks. We learned a lot about the marshes, polution, and ways we can do our part to help shoreline erosion. We planted marsh grases and participated in an oyster restoration project right off the coast where were staying. If you ever travel to Ocracoke, as you are getting of the Swan Quarter or Cedar Island ferry notice the NCCAT building and the beautiful shoreline that I worked on.

Karen and I planting marsh grasses, she let me dig the holes so I wouldn't have to bend over.
Kayaking in the Ocrocoke harbor with Carla (& Baby Braylee- 26 weeks) and Me (& Nick- 28 weeks).
Oyster restoration project: Karen and I, with the chest waders on you can hardly tell I'm prego! ;)

Awesome trip! NCCAT rocks!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment